Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Not Your Momma's Fairy Tale

I am so excited to share that I have a new book coming out on Tuesday, May 31 as the first part in an ongoing series. It's another dream come true for me and one that I was afraid would never happen after my computer crashed two years ago and I lost my nearly completed story. But, by the grace of God, the story that came to be known as Redd's Descent was saved to a backup hard drive we sometimes use. Yay!

Redd's Descent is book 1, part 1 of The Dark Woods Series, a collection of Celtic-inspired dark and twisted remakes of classic fairy tales. They all take place in Ireland and are centered around the Dark Woods. Redd's Descent is part 1 of a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. I hope to have part 2, Aine's Revenge, out in 2016 as well.


This book does come with a warning for my readers who loved my first book, Faith in Love. Faith in Love is a contemporary romance novella, and while it has some pretty sexy scenes, it is light, inspiring, and romantic.

Redd's Descent is the complete opposite. It is a fusion of dark, Gothic, Gaelic, erotic/explicit sex, and with paranormal/shifter elements. While there will be some cross-over of readers, I know this genre is not for everyone. And that's okay. I just happen to like to read and write in both. You can see some of my inspiration for Redd's Descent on my Pinterest board, but Michael Fassbender has always been Redd for me. If it were ever made into a movie, he's who I would want to see play Redd.


For those who like lighter stories, hang tight! Last Night in Laguna is only about one month away from it's July 7 release date. And you will fall in love with Bexley Rue and Kai Donovan, I promise!

The one element that crosses over through all of my writing, though, is that love always wins. No matter how dark Redd's Descent (Part 1) is, Aine's Revenge (part 2) will deliver some hope for readers. Because the truth is, we all experience the shadows in our lives at one point or another. Maybe not as severe or as brutally as Redd, but shadows and darkness none-the-less. The key is not to stay there. To find a way out, at all costs. To find a way to hold fast to hope and let light and love in through the cracks.

Join me back here tomorrow for the Redd's Descent cover reveal! I am so excited to share the beautiful cover created by Sarah at Okay Creations.
Peace out!

Amazon | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment