Monday, October 26, 2015

You've Been Flashed by Author Becky Flade


Welcome, Becky! Thanks for coming by to Flash us. You've had a big year, with a marriage and a new book that's out. Congratulations! Let's jump right in and get dirty. 

Q1: Your new book Fated Hearts is the second in a series. On your blog, you gave your first book, Fated Souls, a "Sensuality Level" of "Behind Closed Doors." What's your barometer, and how spicy can readers expect Fated Hearts to be? 

BF: As you know, sweetie, I also write erotica, very graphic erotica, which my mother absolutely refuses to read. Therefore she has become my barometer; “Mom Friendly” = Behind Closed Doors. And my mom LOVED Fated Hearts ;)

Q2: Looking over the body of your writing as a whole, do you ever notice any ongoing themes that you seem to explore in your writing?

BF: I didn’t until you asked but there is definitely a commonality in all my stories: Survival. Specifically, my characters seem to rise above tragedy to become the best version of themselves; whether it’s a curse; a professional setback; personal loss; or, in one of my series, literally kicking a terrorist’s butt.

Q3: Some of your writing has fantasy elements incorporated. Is this your favorite type of romance to write, and where do you draw influence from when adding fantasy/paranormal elements to a story?

BF: I love – LOVE – taking a normal couple trying to wade through the morass of finding their happily ever after and shoving them into an extraordinary situation. I get enough reality in my every day :) As for drawing influence, hmmm? I’m not really sure. I feel like it grows from the characters.

Now for the fun and silly part...This or That. You can only choose one. Go!

·        Icees or milkshakes? Milkshakes

·        Vampires or Werewolves? Werewolves (duh!)

·        Pumpkin bread or banana bread? Banana Bread

·        Music: Oldies or current charts? Oldies

·        Heels or flats? Flats

·        Thong or bikini briefs? Bikinis

·        Lipstick or lip gloss? Lip gloss

·        Target or Walmart? Target

·        Robert Downey Jr. or Robert Redford? Downey

·        Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars

Thank you so much for letting me flash your readers my R2-D2 panties. Wait? Where’s that picture?

And that's one of the many reasons why I love you, Becky! You sure can paint a picture. Thanks for keeping us briefed, we can't wait to see what comes next. Readers, you can find more of Becky Flade at:
Twitter | FacebookBlog | Pintrest | YouTube | Goodreads

2 comments: