Thursday, September 24, 2015

You've been FLASHED by author K.N. Lee


FLASH INTERVIEW with KN LEE

Welcome, Kenya! Thanks for coming by to Flash us. You are a busy lady, so we appreciate your time and the writerly wisdom you're parting with today.

First off, congratulations on your newest addition to the team. You have the sweetest baby boy! You have been amazing at juggling family time with your writing, managing your PR business, and--I recently heard--becoming a Book Manager for Booktrope! Congratulations and how exciting. Let's jump right in...

Q1: How did that come about--deciding to be on the book management end of the business in addition to being an author? I heard you already have a first client. Able to share any deets, and what it's like from the other side?
KNL: Thank you, Colleen! I am honored to be on your fantastic blog. I am always looking to help authors meet their writing and publishing goals. While I have a PR firm that promotes authors, I wanted to do more to help with the publishing process. It’s incredibly exciting. I get to help my authors pick out cover artists, craft compelling blurbs, and help them reach the bestseller’s charts.
Q2: I know you have a lot of writing projects up in the air. Can you share what your status is on your books and what we can expect to be released next (and when)? Sorry...some of us are chomping at the bit here!
KNL: I have so many projects in progress right now. My book manager probably thinks I’m insane. I’ve been called a writing machine, but it's simply what I love to do. Now that I have a newborn child I do find it a challenge to meet my usual 2-5k writing quotas each day, but I make time. Currently I am revising Night of the Storm: The Eura Chronicles Book Two, finishing Lyrinian Blade: The Chronicles of Koa Book Three, and I’m gearing up to release my first paranormal shifter romance The Scarlett Legacy: Woodland Creek, and an epic-fantasy called Goddess of War. So, you can expect all of those to release winter 2015!
Q3: Woah, that's some release schedule! *Pauses for a happy dance!* Okay...If you had one "do over" in the early days of your writing career, what would it be and why?
KNL: I wouldn’t have waited so long to get published. I wrote my first draft of Rise of the Flame: Book One of the Eura Chronicles when I was eleven years old. I should have been published so much sooner, but fear stalled me.
Well, we are just grateful you got over that fear, because your books are amazing! Now, onto the fun and silly part...This or That. You can only choose one. Go!

·        Elvis or James Dean? Elvis! I loved his movies as a child.

·        Martini or Wine? Wine. A dry red.

·        Twilight or Interview with the Vampire? Interview with the Vampire is still one of my favorite books and movies. Anne Rice started my obsession with vampire fantasy. Thanks, Anne!

·        Twizzlers or Junior Mints? Twizzlers

·        Boxers or briefs? Boxers

·        Strawberry Shortcake or Holly Hobby? I don’t know what either of those are! Haha! Okay, I Googled it. I thought you were talking about food. Lol. I love Strawberry Shortcake. I used to watch her show all of the time.

·        Rain or Snow? Rain.

·        Bradley Cooper or Brad Pitt? Brad Pitt

·        Cats or Dogs? Dogs

·        E.T. or Big Foot? E.T.

Thank you so much for stopping by, Kenya, and keeping us briefed. You can find more of K.N. Lee at:
Twitter | Facebook | Web Site | Blog | Goodreads | YouTubeMailing List

3 comments: