Friday, April 19, 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger Award: Aww, Shucks!

  
I am so honored to be given the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the amazing writer, K. Nycole Lee. And I'm even more grateful that she has not revoked it from me since I was awarded it on (eh-hem) March 18. {In my defense, I was busy editing another author's novel, and you know, there are deadlines and such!} I am very honored that she took the time to review my blog and share this award with me. 
 



Award Rules
1. Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated!

2. Link back to your nominator.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your nominees.
 



Nominator
For those of you new to author K.N. Lee, she is a creative and freelance writer, as well as an author in the fantasy genre and is releasing her first book, The Chronicles of Koa, this summer. {Can I squeal here? We happen to live in the same city and I get to meet her this summer at her book launch party!}
 
Seven things about myself
1. I'm an over sharer, so finding 7 original, unknown things about myself is difficult. 
2. I'm a type A person who is constantly trying to find balance between family time and all of the ways I want to conquer the world. Usually, I just end up running myself into the ground. Happy, but tired.
3. I married my best friend and soul mate and I wish this kind of love and romance for everyone.
4. I have the best job in the world (in addition to being a stay-at-home Mom). I get to edit fantastic novels for other authors! Squeal! This is my true passion and calling in life, almost bigger than writing (gasp!).
5. I can flare my nostrils. True story.
6. My favorite Winnie the Pooh character was Eeyore when I was growing up, and my favorite Sesame Street character was Snuffleupagus. I think because they were both the downtrodden castoffs of Pooh and Big Bird and they needed love and sympathy too. But I'm not a "woe-is-me" kinda girl. And, truth be told, {don't kick my ass, here} I don't really care for either Winnie the Pooh or Sesame Street. I think they're great learning tools, but they never really floated my boat. Meh. BUT, I have very fond memories of watching Winnie the Pooh with my younger brother, Max. I have an adorable black and white picture of him when he was two, standing in our drive way with an umbrella. He was saying, "Tut-tut. Looks like rain." So whenever it rains, I think of that memory and of him. Tut-tut. Looks like rain today!
7. My absolute favorite food in the world is a Red Delicious Apple. Not sure if that's because I was a teacher in a former life, or the evil Queen from Snow White. I do love me a good villain!   
 
Nominations
 
Hope you enjoyed learning a smidge more about me, and take time to check out these other fine bloggers' web sites and maybe even follow them on Twitter.
 
Many thanks again to K.N. Lee for the wonderful Very Inspiring Blogger Award!


9 comments:

  1. Congrats, Colleen and thank you. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! As I mentioned on Twitter, you have a great blog and your Boston post was beautiful!

      Delete
  2. You're welcome! I cannot wait to host you on my site www.writelikeawizard.com !! I am even more excited to meet you at my book release party :-) I hope you're ready for some fun! Keep being inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't wait too! I need to crack my knuckles and get writing this weekend! As you can see, from my editing work, I'm a *smidge* behind schedule. But hopefully, I'll be worth the wait =) Then I can get my butt in gear and get you YOUR questions or blog post prompt! But let's not get ahead of myself! =) Or, I should say, write whatever you want and send it to me! You're brilliant so it'll be great either way! Haha! I'll put my thinking cap on. BTW - include me in your book roll out too! Would love to host you on a blog hop if you do one. =)

      Delete
  3. LOL I run myself to the ground trying to find that balance also!

    It's awesome that you enjoy editing... I'm currently doing revisions on my WIP and I want to pull my hair out. I know its different but at the moment I can't see why anyone wants to do editing for a living lol I'm guessing its easier when it isn't your own?

    Thanks for the award ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! (Kind of!) Glad to know I'm not the only one, though. I have always said, if I could just hole myself up in a room and do nothing but edit all day, I'd be one happy girl. Aaaaand...when I'm editing, that's pretty much what I do! And, I am one happy girl! Copy-editing for someone else is VERY different than editing your own book, so don't feel bad if you don't love that part of your writing process =) It's always easier for me to edit some one else's work than my own! But, that said, my brain just works that way and loves it. It's like solving a puzzle and making sure all the pieces make a clear, pretty picture at the end! I seriously am the luckiest girl alive!

      Delete
  4. OMG thanks Colleen!! Props and shout out to your own blog and will follow up in kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to see your "facts" and who you nominate! =)

      Delete
  5. Tweetpea, I'm really sorry I haven't been able to post about this. But I finally did :) Thank you for thinking of me and for giving me this award.

    I heart you xo

    ReplyDelete