Friday, April 19, 2013

How BRAVE am I?

I asked my readers--my dear, sweet Albertinis--to rise to our first ever BRAVE challenge and create a "Positive Things About Me" drawing with at LEAST 10 positive things written down. Click here for full contest details and original BRAVE GIRL example!

As part of my "challenge" to all women and girls, I promised I'd show you mine if you showed me yours!

For the record, I did also state that mine would not be a work of art, but it's the energy and enthusiasm that counts. Right? Right? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

As you can see, I'm definitely not the artist in the family! But, I did have a hard time limiting the number of positive attributes I could fit into my drawing because of the limited size. I'd also like to note that I have a very healthy body image, despite actively trying to lose more weight to get healthier and stronger. It wasn't intentional, but I'm glad I drew my body the way I see myself and how I want to be. Fit and healthy. Also, I can't really do this jump anymore either, but it shows my enthusiasm for the project and my BRAVE GIRLS endeavor! What other things do you notice about my drawing? {Other than my freakishly large bicep and abnormally small foot? I can laugh at myself, have no fears!}

So, I've shown you mine. It took about 10 minutes to draw and upload. So no excuses ladies, girls, and women. 

You have until end of day TODAY to draw me your "Positive Things About Me" picture and submit it to me at thegrammarbabe (at) yahoo (dot) com. And by end of day, I mean, as long as they are in my inbox in the morning when I wake up, you're totally cool.  

And don't forget, there are prizes! A $25 gift certificate to the (unaffiliated) Brave Girls Club shoppe, a $10 gift card to Amazon.com, and an ebook of Melissa Foster's Have No Shame.

I cannot wait to see what you come up with! Happy creating!
~ Be Brave. Kick Ass.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Woohoo! I know you are BRAVE! =) Thanks for being brave and drawing! You saw mine. No artistry needed. Mine looks like a 5th grader drew it =) xx

      Delete