Saturday, March 23, 2013

Trifecta Challenge

I recently met a lovely writer online named The Fiction Vixen. Well, her real name is Rosalind Smith-Nazilli, but after writing with her, I now know why she calls herself the Fiction Vixen! We recently had the pleasure of working together on the Easter Bunny Apocalypse (#bunnyapocalypse).

If you missed the EBA, you must not be on Twitter. Or Facebook. Or Google +. Or Pinterest. Okay, no one's missed it. We're thumping our cute, bloody, little bunny paw prints everywhere! I'm excited to announce that I was moved up to Chapter 14 which debut's this Monday. Rosalind follows with chapter 15, where she beautifully introduces an important female bunny full of maniacal plans. Be sure to visit Ksenia Anske's website to read all 20 chapters of this unique 20 writer story.  

So...what the F does this have to do with a Trifecta Challenge you ask? Well, it's Rosalind, see, who introduced me to the awesome website Trifecta, which focuses on writing challenges, voted on by readers. This new challenge (from week 60!) is this: they give you three words you must use in your "story." You must add 33 more words for a total of 36. Wowsa! That's not alot. 

Then, everyone votes.

As one of my favorite bands of all time once said, "Without further do, let's, a-zip it along!"



"Her mother had mocked her rebellion.
But her shorn hair felt soft and free.
It's never easy to forget when death stares you in the eyes.
She chose to remember life.
Chose to feel the rain."

###


If you want to participate there's another day to whip yours up. As writers, it's always fun to find fresh, new ways to stretch our minds, creativity, and imagination. Have fun, and post a link if you take the Trifecta Challenge!

22 comments:

  1. wise choices. :) Welcome to trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the concept of Trifecta! Where the heck have I been and how have I not heard of it before now?! Glad I found it!

      Delete
  2. "Chose to feel the rain..." Love that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for taking the time to read this, it means a lot! =)

      Delete
  3. Fiction Vixen (Rosalind) has been so supportive of me glad she recommended you to the Trifecta World - enjoy , this piece an excellent start to the fold of Trifectians (sic)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the Trifecta concept, and it's been so fun working with Rosalind on the Easter Bunny Apocalypse! It's nice to meet you too!

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic! Love the imagery, especially of her hair. And I love that last line. Well done and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! This was so fun. I can't wait for other challenges. It's fun to think outside of the novel, you know? =) Nice to meet you! Thanks of reading it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Ruby! I appreciate the post, sincerely. =)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to read everyone else's! I've been away this weekend so I need to hop on over there! This has been such a supportive group of writers! I'm blown away! =)

      Delete
  7. I love the hope and optimism of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa. I imagined exactly that, despite her mother's negativity (born of fear, I'm sure!) and on the face of death. It's so brave and empowering to say: F U! And choose something else. Thank you! =)

      Delete
  8. Very hopeful. Lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Maggie! I really appreciate that you hopped on over and read!

      Delete
  9. Always gotta choose to feel the rain! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of choosing life & living over false pretenses & outer appearances!Great debut entry-welcome to Trifecta:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I am touched by all the love and support of my first post with this group! Y'all are awesome! xo

      Delete
  11. good read...and all the best on the bunny...will try to catch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This made my morning! =)

      Delete