- I'm a Scorpio through and through.
- I'm a nail bitter when extremely stressed. I have nails right now.
- I went to 9 different schools from k-12.
- I had a 4.0 college GPA.
- My favorite food of all time is a red delicious apple.
- I ran away once in 3rd grade. My brother helped me pack. I came home that day.
- I have mental illness in my family tree and it has had tragic impacts.
- I also come from a long line of alcoholics, so I don't really drink much anymore. High school was kind of a blur.
- I sprained my back on a friend's trampoline in 8th grade doing a 1 1/2 back flip. It hasn't been the same since.
- I'm not a fan of needles, but have had to act like they are no biggie for my son's sake.
- I used to love Michael Jackson while growing up. I still love his music, but am just pretty queased out overall and disowned him in his later years.
- I want a small tattoo on the inside of my wrist but I'm afraid of needles and no one but me really seems to like the idea.
- I'm a total writing paper SNOB and I own it. I have a desk dedicated to my stationery collection.
- I write letters weekly to my Aunt Joyce and I love that she writes back. She's my best pen pal.
- Of my five bridesmaids, I only talk to one on a regular basis. Two I've lost forever, and the other two are still dear to me but a little MIA at the moment.
- My favorite pre-baby body part was my back.
- I secretly read Bertrice Small and rarely admit it to anyone. She's the only historical romance writer I read. She's the Queen.
- I once had a hair cut that was a mix between 80's Sheena Easton and a bird's nest and if anyone ever posts a picture, their body will be discovered floating in the Hudson. Just sayin'.
- I'm originally from a town that is rumored to have been in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most churches and bars per capita. I've yet to see this record, but it would not surprise me.
- I used to walk to school, in major snow drifts, up hill, both ways. True story.
- I have a new Twitter bestie. Nerdy? Know who you are?
- I have a Green Belt in TKD and was taught how to kill someone with a Bic pen. Seriously, my favorite life lesson.
- I actively write in journals for myself, my son, my daughter, and my grandmother (who passed away almost 3 years ago).
- I'm still mad about the mole I had removed from my quad almost 8 years ago. I'd had it since birth and it was non-cancerous. Still chaps my ass that I let her remove it.
- My favorite quote is by Winston Churchill who said, "We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glow worm." It explains a lot about me.
Friday, January 25, 2013
25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Tag! I'm it. I've been asked to write a "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" blog a'la old-school Facebook or new-school US Weekly. In my Liebster Award blog, I shared 11 Random Facts - but they came with a mini "story" behind each fact. Not here. Rules say, no. So, here's a quick and dirty list of 25 things you may not know about me (unless you really, really know me!):